The Senior School program aims to both challenge and reward students whilst encouraging a positive work ethic. A wide range of programs are offered to allow students to develop to their full potential and provide the necessary skills required for their transition into the Pathways program and for individual post school options.
Personal development, happiness and future success are fostered whilst planning for students individual learning pathways.
THE SENIOR SCHOOL CURRICULUM AT NARANGA:
- Is realistic and functional
- Is based on the Victorian Curriculum
- Caters for the individual learning needs of students
- Prepares students for Work Experience and future placements
- Provides leisure activities and develops social skills
- Builds on the students strengths and capabilities
When students are in their final two years of schooling at Naranga they work towards VCAL outcomes. Students work towards their future goals whilst being engaged in practical work-related experience, as well as literacy and numeracy skills and the opportunity to build personal skills that are important for life and work.
- Moving Out
- Fit for Life
- Respectful Relationships
- Cyber safety
- Community programs
- TAFE Tasters
- School-based apprenticeship or traineeship (SBAT)
The programs enable greater flexibility to match the interests of individual learners.
At Naranga we have a focus on careers education and transition. We support our young people in developing their self-awareness, and the skills they need to research and explore their options, so they can make informed decisions about their own future.